There are hundreds of educational podcasts available to teachers on almost every subject you can think of. We see new podcasts launching all the time and some we have been hearing about for years but haven’t had the chance to check out.
What are the podcasts that other educators love to listen to? And how can we find one or two (or 3 or 4) that will become our go-to favorites?
During a Valentine’s day themed #DitchBook Twitter chat (Thursdays at 7 p.m. PST / 8 p.m. MST / 9 p.m. CST / 10 p.m. EST), hosted by Craig Klement, we discussed these questions and more. The conversation included sharing websites, books, and Twitter chats, along with the podcasts that we LOVE.
Below you will find 10 podcasts recommended by educators for educators. Be sure to check out this Wakelet to see the whole discussion along with this collection of favorite websites, books, Twitter chats and even MORE podcast recommendations from the #Ditchbook community.
10 educational podcasts we love
1. The Educational Duct Tape podcast, hosted by Jake Miller, focuses on using educational technology as a tool to solve problems in the classroom. You can listen to all of the episodes and access show notes here.
(And no, I’m not saying this because I was a guest on episode 6. https://t.co/CzX6Yye3wA)
— Sean Fahey (@SEANJFAHEY) February 15, 2019
2. Cult of Pedagogy is a podcast hosted by Jennifer Gonzalez which discusses the psychological and social dynamics of school, trade secrets and more. Visit cultofpedagogy.com for even more amazing content on her blog, video series, and store.
— John Wawczak (@MrWawczak) February 15, 2019
3. On the 10-Minute Teacher podcast Vicki Davis interviews educators from around the world on a broad range of topics five days a week. These quick shows are easy to listen to and will give you motivation for the day.
A4: I absolutely love #ditchbook. It’s almost as is if it’s a part of my Thursday night. I gain so much each week, it’s easily the best! I also enjoy #TeachSC when I can join. The @GTeacherTribe, 10 Minute Teacher w/ @coolcatteacher and the @DitchThatTxtbk Podcast are all faves!
— Evan Mosier (@emosier3) February 15, 2019
— Derrick Crabtree (@toptennteacher) February 15, 2019
5. Better Leaders, Better Schools is a podcast aimed at school administrators, educational leaders, and influencers. Host Daniel Bauer interviews principals and school leaders as they share their leadership insights.
A4 favorite podcast??? can’t pick just one…
Cult of Pedagogy
Google Teacher Tribe (of course)
Better Leaders, Better Schools
the Creative Classroom with John Spencer
Shukes and Giff
Check this Out with Ryan and Brian…
all excellent! #ditchbook
— Sarah Warren (@wizardwarren) February 15, 2019
8. Shukes and Giff is a weekly podcast by Canadian educators Kim Pollishuke and Jen Giffen. Kim and Jen, along with their guests, share EdTech treasures in hopes of creating an “AHA” moments that will encourage listeners to try new things in their classroom.
Also check out their guest post The golden age of podcasting: listening and creating for teachers and students for even more inspiration and ideas from these two!
— Ditch That Textbook (@DitchThatTxtbk) October 15, 2018
— Coach Jon Craig (@CoachJonCraig) February 15, 2019
Looking for even MORE podcast love? Check out these related posts.
What are your favorite educational podcasts? Leave your recommendations in a comment below.
Want to get in on the next #DitchBook Twitter chat?
Having trouble? Still unclear on how a Twitter chat works? Feel free to tweet to these #DitchBook ambassadors and they’ll help — Karly Moura @karlymoura, Sean Fahey @seanjfahey, Sandy Otto @sandyrotto, Rachel Marker @rachelmarker, Evan Mosier @emosier3, Mandi Tolen @TTmomTT, Craig Klement @craigklement, Tara Martin @taramartinedu, Krista Harmsworth @zonie71, Anne Kamper @annekamper, Rayna Freedman @rlfreedm, Lance McClard @drmcclard, Stephanie DeMichele @sdemichele or David Platt @herrplatt!
For notifications of new Ditch That Textbook content and helpful links:
Interested in having Matt present at your event or school? Contact him by e-mail!
Matt is scheduled to present at the following upcoming events:
[getnoticed-event-table scope=”upcoming” max=”15″ expanding=”false”]